Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thinking "31" Already!

Is it just me, or are any of you getting the itch to create in black and orange already? I created this vintage style Halloween treat cone using my collection of vintage sheet music and crepe paper. I don't know what I would do without Wendy Addison and Kimberlee Edgar to always provide a wonderful selection of goodies to use in my work!

The crepe ruffles are always so much fun to make, though somewhat time consuming. I like to sew the seams, and do my snipping while watching my favorite television show (Martha, who else)?? It's about the only time I seem to rest these days! I got hooked on making Victorian style folded paper ornaments last Christmas, aren't they fun with the Halloween as well?

My children will be back in school soon, and before we know it the pumpkins will be turning orange, amazing!

Enjoy your Summer months, I am cherishing them.. my tomatoes are turning red and I'll be up to my neck soon with Mr. Stripeys, Mama Mia's, Purple Russians, Black Kirims, and Super Sweet 100's.
Yummy, my mouth is watering..

9 comments:

Kingfisher Farm said...

Kitty this is delightful!! School. OH no. Soon that will make the house empty again and I am just getting used to it. Pam

Carolee said...

Love this piece, Kitty!!

Black and orange - YEP!! "It's the most wonderful time of the year"....haha....

And your tomatoes sound yummy. :) Ours will be ready soon too, and I just picked the first peppers of the season...

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

~ Carolee

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Hi Kitty, I am thinking 31 for sure!! The cone is so cute!

I wish I had ripe tomatoes but not yet.

Thanks for stopping over for a visit!

Kim

vintagepaletteart said...

Hi Kitty!!! Oh please....show us your 'maters! LOL I haven't ever heard of half of those varieties around these Ohio hills! lol

Miss ya! *Lori

Melissa Valeriote said...

LOVE it Kitty! Yay!! Back to school can be bittersweet. But I gotta say I'm lovin the time to create again. Busy, busy, busy! Hope to see you at H&V?!

Lola Enchanted said...

Lovely kitty! I love Halloween! So spooky and magical!!!

Love your blog!

Enjoy your day!

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Beautiful Kitty! Have a wonderful Holiday weekend!!

Kim

Carolyn Kocman said...

kitty, you know i am not a big halloweenie, but that is a magnificent creation. you are just so creative. beautiful job.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! You are so talented!! I love anything vintage for all holidays!! Please when you have time, check out my blog, I'm pretty crafty but you are really tops!! I just made a witch doll for halloween, my first attempt! I'd love to see what you think!

Joey :)